* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore, Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpfulMay 22, 2018Reviewer: dorothea in Rhode Island* This is no more than Hearts of Palm put through a French Fry cutter! It is a lie to call these linguine when not one piece is longer than the height of the can. Problem is they are not as good as a regular can of Heart of Palm, they are subpar quality heart of palm...the kind they can't sell. These are made of the remnants from canning heart of palm, so the consistency is poor. One piece can be crunchy and the next mushy and disgusting. Even within the same piece, you can get mush on one end and crunchy on the other. I like heart of palm so I salvaged the crunchy or firm pieces. I had to feel each strand and cut off the mush. I'd say 75% was edible the other 25% that was mushy could serve no purpose other than compost pile . If you like heart of palm, buy that and cut it up in pieces like this... very easy to do. Do not buy this product, a waste of money!
April 12, 2018Reviewer: A guest* We prepared it like it suggested. It was a different texture and the taste was different. We personally didn’t like it, however, we did pass a second can (we bought 5 hoping we’d like it) to a friend and she loved it.This review is specific to Hearts of Palm Pasta, Linguine